All our funerals are bespoke and individually tailored, whether it be simple, traditional, contemporary or green, the choice is yours and we strongly believe that you should only pay for what you need or choose specifically.
During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have to adapt our procedures and the services we would normally deliver to you to safeguard not only ourselves but also all the people we will come into contact with.
In these circumstances, Aaron Bewley and the Team will try to do everything possible within the restrictions imposed by Government about how funerals should take place, to create the type of service you want that best reflects the life of the deceased.
We will spend time explaining all the current options available to you at this time, and still encourage families to actively take part in not only organising of the funeral but take as much part on the day of the funeral if they want to, where this is still possible.
We aim for our costs to be clear and transparent to you beforehand and are committed to providing affordable funerals that suit your budget.
Example of Funeral Costs
Please see below the typical costs of a simple funeral service.
All funerals are bespoke to your requirements and therefore the price will vary depending on the choices you make on what type of funeral you would like.
|AJB Services||£ 1950.00|
|Cremation Fee at WWC||£ 985.00|
|Doctor’s Fee||£ 82.00|
|Celebrant/Minister Fee||£ 200.00|
|Newspaper Announcement||£ 180.00|
|Orders of Service||£ 90.00|
AJB Services – £1950
This section explain what is included in the costs of the services we provide to you. Please note our services below have been adapted in light of COVID-19:
- Arranging the funeral with you; in order to adhere to social distancing rules, we will need to make the initial funeral arrangements with you over the telephone, FaceTime or other similar video conferencing systems e.g. Skype. We will unfortunately not be able to visit families in their homes. However our professional trained staff are still availability to you 24/7 over the phone as normal.
- Collection of the deceased within a 10 mile radius. Before we collect the person who has died and to ensure we are best equipped to safely deal with your circumstance, we may ask you a series of questions related to coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Personal and sensitive care of the deceased in our newly refurbished (April 2020) facilities in Corsham.
- Attending to all relevant and legal paperwork, most of which can be done electronically now. We will provide you with unlimited email and phone support throughout the process.
- Co-ordinating the funeral with you, keeping you up to date with the progress at all stages of the process. Importantly ensuring your choices are implemented on the day of the funeral.
- A professional team to bring the coffin to the crematorium or to lower the coffin in the grave. For burials an additional £100 is added to the above cost as two additional bearers are required. Unfortunately at this time, due to COVID-19 safety concerns, we are not able to support you to carry the coffin safely yourselves.
- A page on our website to share information related to the funeral with family and friends. Currently we are not able to have a collection box on the day of the funeral but family and friends can also make a donation online via this webpage.
- Use of our black modern motor hearse to transport the coffin to the crematorium or cemetery on the day of the funeral.
- We will also need to restrict visits to our chapel of rest in order to protect our staff and the families we are looking after. We also cannot bring the deceased home before the funeral takes place for similar reasons.
Cremation or Burial
The next thing to choose is whether you would like a cremation or burial funeral.
Almost all crematoria and cemeteries have a restriction of only allowing between 10-25 people to the funeral depending on what location you decide. Some churches are still only allowing graveside only funerals. So you may choose to have a memorial service at a later date which we will be happy to help you with.
Cremation – Price range from £350 – £1100
Having a cremation funeral is the most popular way of saying goodbye, with over 70% of funerals taking place this way. One appeal is that you can have the whole funeral at the crematorium rather than at multiple locations (e.g. a church service followed by a second committal service at the cemetery).
Prices for a cremation funeral can vary depending on the location and time of the cremation. In Wiltshire, Avon & Somerset and Bristol prices start from £500 for a direct cremation (no service) which take place at 9am or 9.30am, up to £985 for a 45 minute slot after 10am.
In London prices can start as low at £350 for a direct cremation.
The cremation will take place on the same day as the funeral and the ashes are normally available within 24 hours after the service, during the working week. If the funeral has taken place on Friday, they will be available on the following Monday.
We can collect the ashes on your behalf and bring them into our care for you to pick up from us at a time convenient for you (during our shop opening hours).
Doctors’ Fee – £82
For any cremation to take place, the doctor who saw the person 14 days before they died will need to sign the cremation form, which we will organise on your behalf. The doctor’s fee is £82.
If no doctor was involved 14 days before the death, then the coroner will take over and there is no doctor’s fee.
Burial – Price range from £700 – £2500
There are often many personal reasons why someone would choose to be buried (or the families’ choice). Some would consider this to be more environmentally friendly, it could be to follow a family tradition of being buried in the same or a specific location, or some families want somewhere with a lasting memorial that they can go visit in the future (e.g headstone).
Prices range enormously depending on the area and whether this is a church or council run cemetery. Things to consider here is whether you want to purchase exclusive rights to a grave and for how long (normally starts at around 50 years upwards). Once this expires your next of kin will be offered the opportunity to extend the exclusive rights for a fee. We can explain this in more details and specifically to the burial site you are interested in.
If you are interested in being buried somewhere more natural like a natural burial site there are now hundreds of sites available across the UK. You can find a list of regulated sites that are members of the Association of Natural Burial Grounds and are bound by a code of conduct
A natural burial is the ideal choice for those seeking somewhere elemental and beautiful to have a funeral and remember a loved one. Often located within woods or other natural surroundings, amidst the peace and tranquility of trees and local ecology, a natural burial ground provides a alternative to a traditional cemetery or graveyard.
Corsham57a Pickwick Road, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9BS
01249 713 134
Melksham26a Church Street, Melksham Wiltshire, SN12 6LS
01225 708 736
Chippenham3b New Road, Chippenham Wiltshire, SN15 1EJ
01249 660 554